World Cup dream comes true for Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar & Co with the CWC 2011 trophy


Sachin Tendulkar said he could not hold back his tears after India thrashed Sri Lanka in the World Cup final on Saturday to win the "ultimate" prize after a gap of 28 years.

"I couldn't have asked for more," said Tendulkar, as his teammates carried him on their shoulders for a victory lap before adoring fans at the Wankhede Satdium.

"Winning the World Cup is the ultimate thing. It is the proudest moment of my life. It shows it is never too late," he said referrring to India's wait for 28 years for the coveted crown.

"I thank my teammates who were fabulous. I could not really hold back my tears. These are happy tears so I don't mind crying."

Tendulkar made just 18 with the bat as he missed out on scoring his 100th international century.

Sachin Tendulkar failed with the bat but still ended a World Cup-winner for the first time on Saturday as India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the final.

Virat Kohli said the victory was a fitting tribute to Tendulkar.
"This goes out to all the people of India. Tendulkar has carried the burden of the nation for 21 years. It was time we carried him."
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment